Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Monday, October 3, 2016

Lakes Basin and Round Lake Trail, August 28, 2016

I've been staying at my property in Portola, California, which is just a few minutes from from the Lakes Basin Area.  As the name suggests there are many small alpine likes and trails to hike.

The day was perfect...temps in the mid-70s and crystal blue skies.  My son Jeremy said he wouldn't "mind " hiking with me since he had not hiked on the Round Lake Trail.  It's a short  loop trail, about 4 miles long, which not only goes to Round Lake but meanders by several other lakes including Little Bear Cub and Silver Lake. Once you arrive at Round Lake the trail forks and continues to intersect with the PCT.


Round Lake


Jeremy, enjoying the view

Note how clear the water is
Typical Alpine Trail
Long Lake off in the distance


Click on the link for a map of the Lakes Basin.  http://www.lakesbasin.com/hikes.html




No comments:

Post a Comment