Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Finally some kayaking


Waterfall on the White River






Head 'em up. Move 'em out

Ok, can we get another one on the truck?
Yeah!!!! Today, the weather did cooperate some.  It wasn't perfect but, I'll take it, a little overcast but NO rain.  A great day for kayaking on the White River.  The river was flowing really fast and the 9 plus miles seems to fly by.  Actually, we could have floated in a raft with no problems.   It was a great relaxing morning with no mishaps.  We saw lots of herons, a few waterfalls, along with a very picturesque river.  I'd come back here in a heart beat.  
Afterwards, we contributed to the local economy and purchased a nice meal at Jo Jo's.  The only thing that would have made the meal better was a nice beer to wash the fish and chips down.  Dry counties seem to rule around here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment