Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Joining up with the WINs

                                      Beaver Creek on a foggy morning.

After leaving Sandi and Bob's we ventured up to Logsden  just northeast of Newport to join up with the WINs.  The stay at Mill Creek Ranch for several nights was enjoyable.  Connecting with the WINs is always fun because there are always options on what adventure to pick.  We explored the little town of Toledo and their street market;explored an old logging museum;  had lunch at the Chowder Bowl at Nye Beach (great chowder and much better than at the popular Mo's in Newport);and took a great scenic drive by some oysters beds where some WINs purchased oysters. 

                                      Oyster beds near Nye Beach

                                    Oysters must be pretty popular here

True to the WIN acumen we went for a short paddle down Beaver Creek, south of Newport.  Corey and Kirt had already scoped out the paddle which was through beautiful marshes and beyond.  Some chose to paddle out to the ocean.  However, I opted not to because the tide was low and I didn't want to beach.  

                                   All lined up so Caroline could take pictures. 

                                   Sharon and Deannie having fun

                                   Old foot bridge across Beaver Creek

                                    All cozy under the bridge waiting for mom 

                                     The water lilies were beautiful

                                   Corey, Kirt, and Caroline head out to low tide. 

                                     And this is what happened!

Alas, our cross country adventure has come to an end. Very, very early (6:30) on Thursday morning we headed out of camp and  blitzed towards California.  John dropped me off Friday morning in Sacramento, where I had parked my Jeep, and he continued on to Frazier Park, California. I'm back in Verdi/Reno area for a while, but the weather is really hot (high of 97) and cooler temperatures beckon me so most likely I won't stay here for long.  

No comments:

Post a Comment