Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Rio Grande Resevoir and Valley



The Rio Grande and Valley




September 14


One night of luxurated in an RV park was enough and we hooked up and headed over to Palisades Campground. Judy and Andy picked us up at the campground and we headed out to the Rio Grande Reservoir which is north west of Creede and about an hour drive north from South Fork. Were we in for a treat! The aspen were turning as Judy had said they would be and the colors were brilliant. They weren’t at their peak yet, but the drive was worth it.



Nancy, Judy, Me, and Andy .. WINS having fun!

Nice little lane of turning Aspens





The Rio Grande Reservoir is located in a huge valley and the head waters of the Rio Grande originate in this area as a small stream. Its a beautiful place with lots of camping, hiking and fishing on Forest Service land. It would be a great place to spend a week or more exploring the different dirt roads and trails. On the way back we stopped at the local watering hole and had a homemade hamburger and ice cream, yummmm. I’m going to have to get a few more hikes in if I keep eating out like this.


Rio Grande Valley towards the North ( I think)



Rio Grande Valley





Rio Grande Valley looking towards the resevoir



Rio Grande River in the Valley







No comments:

Post a Comment