Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Back to Why

I arrived back to Hickiwan Trails RV park after retrieving my mail in Ajo.  Ray, the park manager said he could squeeze me but I might have to leave by Monday. It seems there was a big group coming in.  I guess the secret is out and this little RV park is getting more popular.  Actually, I think what is happening is that people are a little more cautious about camping on BLM land in the area due to the numerous signs warning of smuggling and illegals.  Anyway, I had planned to leave Monday or Tuesday to go to Casa Grande so leaving by Monday was not a problem.  As it turned out, I'm staying through Monday.

 I met up with Casey and Kim and we did two really nice  bike rides.  One was almost 13 miles long on old Jeep roads through sandy washes .  We saw two really nice crested cactus.

The cactus on the left  was the smaller of the two crested suguaro.  The one belowewas huge.  I call it the tree suguaro.  It also reminds me of a butterfly.





For the last several years Casey and I have ridden our bikes out to a unusal rock formation out on Darby -Wells road just south of Ajo.  Its a short ride on an old Jeep trail that now is best ridden by bike or ATV.  It's full of short steep climbs and some technical stuff and really fun.   The panoramic views of the desert from the rock are beautiful.











I'm off in the morning to head for Casa Grande. and the WINs dance Rally.   My cell phone is giving me grief and the Verizon man said that it can't be repaired. I can't charge it or upload my contact svia the USB cable.  So, I will be going to a Verizon store and confirm his statement.  I just hate having to get a new phone even though the insurance will cover it. My phone is my modem to the internet so its behavior of not working is a double whammy.  Fortunately, Hickiwan Trails has internet so I haven't been totally out of the loop.  Anyway, if I don't return calls, it just means my phone is still not working.   

No comments:

Post a Comment