Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Monday, May 10, 2010

A little bump in the road

Mother's day has come an gone.  It was great to spend a few days lounging around my mothers house.  I did meet up with three high school girl friends (Marion, Nell, and Jennifer) and and spent the morning in a quaint little Carmel breakfast place catching up.  However, it wasn't enough time to catchup on six months worth of gossip.  I was also surprised when I checked into the Elks club to meet up with another old school friend, Sidney Berg Tabler.  We went to nursery together and our parents were good friends.  Sidney said she  started out ten years ago to help out at the Elks club  and is still there.

Well my house has rented.  The "bump in the road" is after moving the furniture back in, I now have to move it out.  So back to Reno I headed yesterday and arrived this morning to arrange to move it into storage.  The tenants are willing to pay full price and sign a lease, so it is well worth the effort.  I'm just waiting for the crew to confirm if they will show up Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning.  I really wasn't in the mood to return to Reno.  Its SNOWING and RAINING AGAIN!!!!$#@. Will spring never come? , much less summer??

So my plans to meander up through Oregon and Washington to see friends before rendezvousing with my Alaska trip caravan will be put aside.  I figure if I leave Reno by Wednesday afternoon I still still meet them in Vancouver by the 15th. ..

No comments:

Post a Comment