Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

June 24-27, side trip to California

Side trip to California?  I'm leaving the group for a few days to catch a flight to Pacific Grove California to celebrate my mother's 90th birthday and will return on Monday to rejoin my group.

The drive to Anchorage from Denali was very beautiful.  I stopped at several of the places noted in the Mile Post to see the "mountain" but the clouds prohibited any peeks of mountain.  There were lots of pull outs and campsites along the way, especially in Denali State Park.  Had it not been cloudy I would have stopped more often.  The road was good and the views of the mountain range were exceptional, especially, as I got closer to Anchorage.

My plan was to drive to the Moose Lodge and leave my RV there while in California. The Moose Lodge was very easy to find and the folks were really kind.  I explained I wanted to leave my RV there while I flew to California.  No problem.   My flight to California didn't leave until12:20 A.M. so there was plenty of time to do a few errands and get Sadie to the doggie hotel.  How time flies.  Before I knew it , it was almost 9:00!  I think the fact that it is so light out until late is throwing my clock off.  I had planned to check out a few other campsites like the Elks but ran out of time.

My flight from Anchorage to Pacific Grove, California was uneventful and I miraculously I connected with two of my sons who flew in from Phoenix and Virginia.  We all were flying in on different airlines and flew into different terminals. The wondrous age of texting and cell phones sure makes times like this easy.  We all were excited to see each other and drive to Pacific Grove to celebrate mom's 90th birthday.

                                          Mom, 90 years young

                         We made blowing out candles easy for mom. We only put two candles  on the cake.

Zoe, 10 months.  Isn't she adorable!  She is my grand niece, daughter of Jenifer and mom's youngest great grand daughter. She almost stole the show.


Mom, Zoe, and my son Justin.  Justin doesn't have children, but loves is cousins and has a great time with them.


My son Conlan Craig and Zoe.  He loves kids also, but doesn't have any of his own.


                                        Jenifer (Zoe's mom), Scott (Zoe's dad) and Conlan

My niece Christina and her husband Craig, and Justin.  Christina a Craig have four children, but they were with Craig's sister.  My son's Justin and Conlan were a little disappointed because they were looking forward to seeing their little cousins. 



Brother Dale and his wife Carolann

We all had a great time and the time flew by way too fast.   One of my nieces and two of my sons couldn't make it to the celebration.  I had previously told mom I probably wouldn't make it for the birthday party because of my travels in Alaska, so she was really surprised when I showed up on her door step with Justin and Conlan in tow, and didn't seem to mind the other couldn't come.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment