Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Monday, June 7, 2010

June 5, to Dawson City

We were resolved to make it to Dawson City... today.  At least a dozen more rigs had pulled into the camp site during the evening, leading me to believe we may have to compete for sites when we get to Dawson City.  Well we only made it a few miles down the road before we saw the signs to Beaver Lodge.
He wasn't allowed inside.



Now wouldn't that get your attention? The  dogs were friendly.  As we wandered around the grounds we saw all kinds of whimsical statues made of wood.

                                      A reminder that we are definitely in mosquito country!

                                           Dead one.




                                                     The phone is ringing!!


                                        So Nancy scurried up to answer it.  Yes, it works! (better than my cell phone)

The signa advertised  legendary pastries.  Of course some of us had to try them out.  Bill was particularly fond of the date bars.  We asked the baker who made all the figures outside and she explained her ex husband did.  Didn't get the rest of the story.

We continued on, after all we really felt we should travel more than 44 miles per day. Fortunately, this section of the road didn't have that many interesting spots to pull off...or was that it was pretty hard to top Beaver Lodge?

                         Gravel Lake, was suppose to  be a good viewing place for  water fowl.  Liz wasn't successful in locating anything new.

                                           Tintina Trench.  A big valley carved out near Dawson City.

Klondike River.  This is near the area where it runs into the Yukon.

In case you are wondering, we did make it to Dawson City.  We drove the 111 miles in record time, and arrived in time to actually make it to the visitor center before it closed.  The Dawson City RV park has dry camping and internet which I can get from my site.  So, if you are wondering why so many  blog posts in such a short time, its because the internet here rocks.  It is fast, really fast..and I only have a day or so to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment