Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Joshua Tree National Park, November 29- December 4


 I left Borrego Springs and headed over to Joshua Tree National Park to catch up with WINS at the southern entrance of the park just off of I-10 and Cottonwood Springs Road.  We all gathered just before the park entrance at a nice dry camping area.  It was really, really windy when I got there and I wasn’t sure if I was going to stay.  I rocked and rolled all night long.  
The next morning the wind seemed to die down a tad and several of us decided to drive to the northern end of the park       ( near the town Twenty-Nine Palms) and around and back.  I was told most of the Joshua Trees are located at the north part of the park and that it is much prettier there. 
I’m a die hard hiker and the next day I wanted to hike into Lost Palm Canyon about an eight mile round trip.  No one was that ambitious so I decided to go it alone.  Wow, did the rest miss out on a great day of hiking.  I had pristine blue skies and perfect temperature with no wind.  The trail was extremely will maintained, marked, and fairly level.  I think one would have a hard time getting lost on this trail.  




Another day several of us decided   drive up to  the Keys View. at the Northern part of the Park and then hike to Lost Horse Mine.   

  

                                     View of Mt. Jacinta from Keys view.


  Another view from Key's view.  The Salton Sea is about the middle of the left side.  

Lost Horse mine. 


This was in the burn area, but this section looks like it is coming back.  

On the way back we stopped at Skull Rock and hiked around the area.  

This raven was watching our every move. 


We have a lot of talented folks in the WINS.  Once evening Freddie and Steve entertained us with their string instruments and we all sang happy birthday to Doug.  Somehow I missed getting a  picture of Doug, the birthday boy. 

Freddie


                                                                         Steve


                                                        The group.  

                             Very interesting "ghost tree" on the nature trail walk,

No comments:

Post a Comment