Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bee Line to the San Francisco Bay Area for New Years, December 27-29

We left Cottonwood mid-day  to head for the San Francisco Bay Area in California  to spend New Years with some of my oldest and dearest friends. Our departure from Cottonwood was a little earlier than planned but the weather was predicted to get nasty and cold.  It was a good thing we left because the next day Cottonwood temperatures dropped to below freezing.  Burrrr.

 We hit snow as we passed through Flagstaff, but the roads were clear.


For some reason I didn't even get "homesick" at the sight of the snow.  Usually I get the itch to dig out the skis or snowshoes and go exploring.

We stopped in Kingman for the night.  There is a Walmart right off the highway but there were signs posted "no overnight parking".  I noticed there were other RVs parked on the lot so we went inside i and asked if we could park over night. The customer service lady said   was OK to park overnight  as long as we stayed in the outer perimeter. No problem.

The next morning we left before the morning light for Bakersfield. As we drove along and morning greeted  us   I was treated to beautiful lights playing on the hillsides.

Because we got such an early start we decided to by-pass Bakersfield continue on to Fresno to visit  Joel's cousin Pam, and his brother Bill,  Unfortunately, our good Cottonwood weather left us and it rained the whole time we were in Fresno.

We stayed two nights and had a nice visit with Pam and Bill and Pam's daughter Ani.  We also drove up to the Escapee Coop Park, Park Sierra, and checked things out.  Nice place to visit.  I'll definitely plan to stay there the next time I'm in the area because it is so close to Yosemite.

Next, on to Moraga in the San Francisco Bay area.

No comments:

Post a Comment