Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February 27-February 28, Sierra Vista to Las Cruces, NM


  On the way to Sierra Vista

 We pulled into to Sierra Vista and checked out my son Conlan's house and spent the night parked on the street.  I half expected some neighbors to complain, but none did.  Conlan's house is located on a quiet, tidy little street, of small older looking homes.  He bought the house as a first time home buyer last summer shortly after  he was transferred to Sierra Vista. A few months later the Forest Service  transferred him to Charma, New Mexico.  So, the house sits for sale as part of the relocation process, although it probably won't sell in this market, and he would rather hang on to it for a while. He had just started the fixing up process, so the house is a work in process. My mission was to check it out and make sure there was no damage and that the realtor indeed had a for sale sign out.

We left Sierra Vista  on Monday and began our journey east.   It seems like the last month in has been spent in doing "home" stuff and marking time. It feels like I have been getting ready for this "migration east" for months  but now  feels like we are really starting our trip.  We made it to New Mexico  in one day..not that many miles, but for us who usually rack up a grand total of 100 miles a day, it was an event. ..over 200 miles.    We plan to catch up with Conlan in Carlsbad in a few days where he is attending a work related seminar.

We stayed  the night at the rest stop just on the out skirts of Las Cruses.  It was a really nice rest stop with a very unique feature:




 The roadrunner is made up of road side garbage, at least that is what it looks like to me.  I didn't see any information about the artist or history of the road runner.  Pretty interesting.

We left the rest stop the next morning to continue our meandering to Carlsbad.

No comments:

Post a Comment