Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

March 26-30, Medina Lake, Thousand Trails




We've been at the Thousand Trails campground since March 16.  This is probably the longest I have been in any one place since I don't know when...maybe last Spring !  The first few days at the park were pretty busy with "Spring Breakers" but after they left the park was very peaceful.  The deer would come by the big house every morning foraging for "leftovers".  One of the younger ones actually came up to me and took some parsley out of my hand. My photographer was not close by to get a picture, though:)



The last few days at the park were spent working on the SI Dance Rally breakfast menus and doing some spring cleaning.  Joel is the "food coordinator" for the food for the breakfasts  for the rally in Bandera.  The rally lasts for about ten days and there are around 125 participants expected which is down from 170 last year.  None the less, that's a lot of breakfasts to plan for!  Hmm.... I wonder how many people a quart of scrambled eggs from SYCO feeds?  How much bread do we buy? ....How many pounds of hash browns are needed? How many hot dogs for the welcome Bar-B-Q do we need".... You get the picture.

We left Thousand Trails to drive the 20 or so miles to Bandera and will be at the Skyline Ranch for the next two weeks.  We didn't even hook up the car this time.  We will be sharing the Ranch and Bandera with a motorcycle rally for the next few days so that ought to be interesting.  The Dance Rally doesn't start until Sunday, but there is still a lot of prep work to do.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment