Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Friday, July 15, 2011

On to Kenisee Lakes, Jefferson OH July 9-10

Saturday morning we were up early and left Belleville at a decent hour.  Joel wanted to go to a West Marine in Cleveland  to pickup some specialty wiring.  Marine stores are a great source for RV parts, so if you can't find it at your local RV dealer you can often find it at West Marine.  Prices maybe little higher but marine stores are abundant where there is water.

Not too far after we left Belleville we saw a sign for a Viet Nam Museum and Memorial in Monroe.  We put on the breaks and made a short detour to check it out.  The memorial was very simple, but elegant along with be very emotional  honored the living vets who served.
The memorial listed those residents of the county that had be lost during the war.

Joel is looking at the type weapon that caused his shrapnel wound while in the army in Viet Nam.
 One of the common helicopters during the war.  Below is the Viet Nam Combat Ribbon.
 The Chained Eagle.  I had never said this before.  See the explanation below.



We continued on and  made it  as far as the Costco in Avon, Ohio and parked the Big House and unhooked the car and headed for Cleveland.  We blitzed through Cleveland after hitting the West Marine store.  I was too "citied out" to even park the car and get out walking, but I did take some pictures of the skyline.



 OOPs maybe they forgot to pay the rent.
 Stamp park.  I guess it's free.

 Looks like this building is totally flat and skinny.  Optical illusion.
 I still can't figure out what causes the peak of this building to be so white.




We took a different route back to Avon and ended up at:
Great beer in the middle of nowhere.

We were a little too late to shop at Costco when we returned to Avon so we stayed put until the next morning.  We finished our errands and headed for Kenisee Lakes Thousand Trails , near Jefferson, Ohio where we will stay for the rest of the week.  I need vacation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment