Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

On to Niagara Falls, July 17-18

We got a much later start from Kenisee Lakes Thousand Trails than planned.  The Data Storm Antennae which provides satellite TV and newly activated internet would not stow.  Error messages kept showing up that the motor was bad so Joel manually stowed it.  Wouldn't you know he just got the internet reactivated so we could use it instead of the Verizon modem that seems to get slower and slower.

We decided not to take I-90 (which is a toll road) to Lockport our next stop and instead followed Highway 20 most of the way.  It was a pretty drive, which took us  through several old communities and lots of wine country.

I had wanted to get an early start so I could go to the Apple store in Buffalo.  It seems my IPhone got damp, maybe due to all of the humidity or whatever.  I had purchased an extended warranty so I called Apple  only to find out "moisture" was not covered under the warranty.  I also talked to ATT and they said it was not a moisture problem.   Sheeze, what else.  Anyway, I decided to go to Apple and check with a  genius bar tech in person.  Yep, there was moisture (there is some type of sensor inside that detects moisture) and it would cost $$$ to replace.  I told the tech that I would just live with the distortions until the IPhone quit.  Well, what do you know, he said he could give me a replacement without any charge. Hmmm. I asked him what the catch was, but there wasn't any.  I would have to give him my damaged IPhone after syncing the new one.  Thank goodness I had backed everything up!  Synced the phone; cleared the old one ;and we were on our way. By  this time it was well after 7:00 so we decided to stay in the Galleria Mall parking lot.  As we were warming up left overs, Security came by and told us there was no over night parking allowed, so we headed for Plan B, the Lockport Moose Lodge which was 30 or so miles down the road.

We got settled in at the Moose Lodge which was open until 10:00, which I found unusual for a Sunday evening.  We headed over to the Niagara County Camping Resort to scout out the park and planned  to  catch up with our WIN friends later in the day, only to find several had arrived early and were already there. So we promptly returned to the Moose Lodge and retrieved the Big House and headed back to the park .  Thank goodness the park has electric hookups.  Its very hot and expected to get warmer.  Joel made a few phone calls to try and trouble shoot the antennae issue and order parts.

The next few days are going to be really busy.  We only have three full days here and there is a lot to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment