Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

More on New Orleans, February 22




On Wednesday, after the Mardi Gras, we headed back to the French Quarter and what a difference a day makes.  The French Quarter was crowded but nothing like it had been on Monday.  We walked some of the streets and stopped by Cafe du Monde for the traditional coffee and beignets. A few days ago the line went around the block, but today it was fairly short and we were seated within a few minutes.  With only coffee and beignets on the menu, ordering goes pretty fast as does the service.

There are all types of transportation available in the French Quarter and we took a short buggy tour complete with our guide's Cajun accent.  It was fun and informative.

  But there are other forms of transportation in the French Quarter:






One could spend weeks in the French Quarter and not see everything.  There is lots of entertainment and people watching. No, this guy is not walking his dog across the street.  He is a mime posing with a stuffed dog, hoping his bucket will be filled up with dollar bills, tips for allowing his picture to be taken. 


This belly dancer put on a great show
 Another Mime.  I had to look twice because I thought she was a real statue.

Next we took a drive over to the Garden District which is full of old southern style homes, with some unique features. Note the corn stock iron fence.

 Many of the homes had fancy corbels
Which way are we going next?


Tomorrow we will make a push towards the Dallas- Fort Worth area.  Joel is having some work done on the "Big House", so we will be there for a few days before heading west. 

No comments:

Post a Comment