Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

North Cascade National Park, September 12


The past  few post have been about oceans, marinas, and boats.  Well, we have moved on to the interior of Washington for a change of scenery  and caught the North Cascades Scenic Byway.  It passes through the North Cascade National Park on our way to Lake Chelan. 


 

The Newhalem visitor center located in the middle of the park is will worth the stop.  The views are great. The photo was below was taken from the visitor center. 




 
The road was a little curvy, so some of the pictures are a little blurry.  Also the skis were a little hazy due to all of the fires in the area.  Enjoy.








Pretty breath taking.. We stopped at a forest service campground for the night way outside of the park in the Okanogan National Forest, which was really quit.  Many of the campgrounds close at this time of year but the Lone Fir campground was still open even though there was no campground host present.

Next we head over to Lake Chelan.

2 comments: