Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Quartzsite!!! January 18

The stars and planets all must have been aligned perfectly.  Kate ( our boss) had a large volunteer group coming in and was going to run short of GPSs and other essential gear and I think was scrambeling to find something for us to do  Sue, who is in charge of maning a booth in the Big Tent  at the RV show was short of volunteers. Hmm. I wanted to go to Quartzsite to see my WIN friends, but thought I would only get to go for a long weekend...but we were cut loose for the week and will get to spend a whole week at Quartzsite!!!  Friday pulled up the jacks and hitched up the car and made the  journey to Quartzsite  and parked out on Plamosa road, put up the solar panels and prepared for a week of desert lounging, at the WIN gathering. (If you are new to my blog and want some information on the WINs email me or leave a comment and I'll email you back with some facts...)

Well, it was like "coming home" to be with the WINs again.  There are some folks I haven's seen for two or three years.  That is way, way to long, so there were lots of hugs.

Joel and I reported to Sue on Saturday morning and helped out in the Organ Pipe booth in the big tent most of the day.  I think Sue was a little shocked at the amount of friends who were passing by and stopped to say hello us.   

So, my time will be divided between helping out in the OP booth and having fun with old friends.  Desert Golf anyone?  Stay tuned for more.


Good friends Bob and Donna, taking desert lounging to the fullest.  

 Solar panels are up.  No hook ups needed here!  Plenty of sun.
 One of many of the unobstructed views from our windows.


1 comment:

  1. Was nice to see you and meet Joel. All settled in at Hickiwan now.

    ReplyDelete