Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Heading North, May 4-5

I was on the road pretty early after doing all the RV stuff....dumping, filling, hitching up etc.  I definitely was not looking forward to the drive through Las Vegas.  The last few times I've been tangled up in road construction work.  With it being Saturday I was hoping the traffic would be light, which it was, but even better, most of the construction was done on I-515 which connects to I-95.  It was a long day, but I made it to Walker Lake, about 125 miles from Reno.








The drive from Walker Lake was short and easy, especially since it was Sunday morning...no traffic. So, I dropped Sandi off, ran some errands in town and then scooted up to Portola, California about 45 miles north where I am parked at Jeremy's house.  I've spent the past few days catching up on this blog and regrouping.  I am heading over to the California Coast tomorrow to visit with my mother and spend Mother's day with her and see my brother.  This will be my last chance to visit for a while before starting my Camp Host job at Wild Plum campground near Sierra City on May 17.

Its been raining since I arrived, a huge change from dry New Mexico and Arizona. In between showers , I did get out for a short walk behind Jeremy's house and all the mule ears are in bloom.

Thank you Sandi for joining me while I headed back.

No comments:

Post a Comment