Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Friday, August 28, 2015

Moving on, August 20, Minam State Recreation Area

Next stop Minam State Recreation area. On the way a huge cloud of smoke warned of more wild fires. This time is was the bear complex fires.  

The smoke wasn't too bad, and the campground was quiet and located along the  the Minam River.  The river was to low to float due to the dry summer.  The whole area is showing stress due to the lack of rain.  The only down side was there was no internet or cell coverage.

One of our neighboring campers suggested we take a drive to Walla Walla and the Melton-Freeman area where Walla Walla sweet onions are grown.  The drive was beautiful, although smokey.  Lots of wheat is also grown in this area.  We stopped at Frog Hollow Farms and picked up some onion and fresh produce.  We also toured the town of Walla Walla which is a college town, so there are lots of eateries and boutique shops and the like.

 These are not onions, but a unique way of growing zucchini.



A few quiet relaxing days were spent  at Minam before heading to Lake Wallowa State Park for a couple of weeks.  Lake Wallowa is at the end of the road sort of speak and a very busy state park and adjacent to the Eagle Cap Wilderness.






















No comments:

Post a Comment