Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Continuing down the Oregon Coast, Bandon and more, November 10-12, 2015

After leaving Eugene we headed back to the coast to  continue our meanderings south.  Our first stop was Honyeman State Park for a quick overnight.  Joel hadn't planned to stop here, mainly because in the past, his motor home wouldn't fit. I reminded him that we are now in a much smaller rig and should be able to fit.  Also, the park had hookups.  We discovered that the park had been updated and there were lots of spaces we could fit into.



The next morning we continued heading down the coast. Our final stop was Bullard Beach State Park outside of Bandon.  Out camp site was near the nature walk and close to the trailhead to the beach. We walked the trail to the beach to discover there are miles and miles of beach to explore. . 17 miles of white sandy beaches to be exact.




A nice afternoon walk on the beach near the beach loop in Bandon and lots of photos.

Face Rock:

We found some sea anemones in the tide pools.

Face Rock:






 I am finding this section of the coast line  much more interesting than the Tillamook Coast.  There are lots of rock islands and dramatic cliffs.

The high lite of our stay at Bandon was catching  up with Pacific Grove High Classmates, Vicki Osborn Falke and Dennis Falke.



With spent a wonderful afternoon reminiscing about high school.  Both Vicki and Dennis attended Pacific Grove Schools as did I.  In fact, Dennis and I attended the same elementary school, junior high and high school with many of the same teachers and lived within a block of each other.   Dennis and Joel are also Viet Nam Vets, so they were able to share stories... very  appropriate since it was Veterans Day.  The Falkes live in a beautiful area...very similar to the quiet sleepy fishing village Pacific Grove was while we were  growing up

On our way out of town, we stopped at the Face Rock Creamery.  Yummm.  We didn't try any ice cream, but did sample some of the cheese.  Yummm! I think it is much better than Tillamook.  Everything is hand made.  Our favorite was Pizza Cheddar.

Our next stop will be Brookings.  Joel and I visited Brookings in June as a side trip from Rogue Valley and I am looking forward to spending a little more time there.















No comments:

Post a Comment