Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Friday, April 29, 2016

Alamosa, April 23, 2016

From the Great Sand Dunes we headed back to Alamosa to find some water to fill the fresh water tank  and a place to dump our very full  grey and black water tanks.  The only option appeared to be the only RV park which was open.  At Economy RV  we could "dump & fill" for $10.00 or spend the night for $30.00.  We decided to bite the bullet and pay the $30 to dump and fill and enjoy some electric hook ups.  With the winds howling and temperature predicted to drop, power sounded good.  However, I'm not sure how Economy RV justifies their name  "Economy" with dirt parking within 50 ft of the highway, the water was brown, and no showers. or rest rooms.  Pretty bare bones.  
Once we got set up Joel wanted to check out the Three Barrel Brewery in Del Norte and the San Luis  Valley Brewery in Alamosa, so off we went....on" Joel's brewery tour."  The brew was good at the Three Barrel Brewery and not too bad at the San Luis Valley Brewery.

I did try the Black Yak, since my son raises Yaks on his ranch.


Alamosa reminds me of a typical farming community one might find in the mid-west but instead of vistas of fields of rolling crop the vistas are the surrounding San Cristibal mountains.




Next stop Colorado Springs.







No comments:

Post a Comment