Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Tuzigoot NM, April 9 -12, 2016 and moving on

Tuzigoot , NM, in contrast to Montezuma's Castle is open for exploration.  Most of the walls have been reconstructed unlike Montezuma's Castle.  Some of the rocks used to rebuild the walls may be original, but the walls themselves have been reconstructed.  The walk is nice, but there isn't that much to explore. The vistas from the ruins are well worth the visit though. It is estimated that there were 70-100 rooms in the pueblo.








The ruins meander down the hill.
The next day, we extended our stay at the Thousand Trails by two nights and decided to take  a day trip to Flagstaff.  Our original plan was to move on towards Flagstaff and spend a few days exploring the area.  Well, it's still a little chilly in Flagstaff and most of the Forest Service Campgrounds don't open until May 1.  Poor planning on our part.  Maybe, next year.  We did check out some dispersed camping, but it was a little far from town.  Joel did check out the Lumberyard Brewery and Flagstaff Brewery which happen to be across the street from each other. No this is not suppose to be  a brew tour!

We found out our friends Donna and Bob were in the area, so Tuesday we met them for lunch at the Senior Center.  I never would have thought I would go to a Senior Citizens lunch, but for $5 it wasn't too bad, even though there was too much food.

The jello is shaking and our next planned stop will be the Petrified National Forest and a drive through the Painted Desert.  I visited the area back in the spring of 2013, but Joel has never been (and it is sort of on the way to my son's ranch in New Mexico where we hope to stop before heading true north).   I did a blog on the area April 29-30, 2013 if you want to check it out.  Joel has been having a lot of pain in his leg and it makes walking problematic so most of our exploring will be from the front seat of the truck.









No comments:

Post a Comment