Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Monday, May 2, 2016

Fort Collins, May 1, 2016

Fort Collins will be our last stop  heading north (I think) before we start to head west.  The weather hasn't gotten any better, but it does appear that about the time we are ready to head west it will clear up here.

Boyd Lake near Fort Collins:

It rained and snowed the whole 70 or so miles to Fort Collins.  Thank goodness we didn't go much farther.  The Elks Lodge #804 has a paved parking lot.  TG!!! No hook ups, but no mud!

I had made an appointment for Tara's semi-annual check up and update on her shots early Sunday morning, so we dropped her off, and then headed back to the lodge for Sunday Brunch.  After talking with several of the elks at the lodge we decided to fill the day by driving up to Estes Park, which borders on Rocky National Park.  We were told Thompson Canyon was a pretty drive up to the park and that a few roads would be open.

REALLY????!!!! May 1?





I am really ready for some different weather!

We stopped at the Gateway Visitor Center just outside of Estes Park and found out that only a few of the roads were open but we could do a short loop.

The Big Horn Sheep were out enjoying the snow on Sheep Meadow.


Not sure  why or where this one was running,  but the rest of the herd stayed behind.



The snow was really wet and heavy as we continued on our tour.


 We headed back towards Estes Park and spotted a heard of elk.

We stopped in Estes Park for, yes you guessed it another micro brew or two...this time Estes Park Brewery (they offer free tastings) and Rockcut brewery, a new brewery that only opened up 8 months ago.

We headed back down Thompson Canyon.  Shear walls and steep drop offs prevent any type of shoulder, so there was no stopping and thus the photos are a little blurry.



The weather forecast predicts better weather for tomorrow with some blue skies.


No comments:

Post a Comment