Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Sunday, April 26, 2009


Good bye house.  Saturday I loaded up the Born Free and finally headed out.  I'm only two weeks behind schedule.  My plan was to make it to Kingman, but somewhere along the way I ended up taking a wrong turn or missing my turn and ended up in Needles.  It was very late so I camped at the KOA that I have camped at before.  OMG have the prices gone up.  Last year it was $20.00.  Now its $35.00 unless you have a rewards card.  The drive down US 95 was awful because it was very, very windy. 
 
This morning I headed out pretty early and managed to make it Grants, New Mexico which is about 80 miles west of Albuquerque. I decided to stay at a Good Sam's campground which is very nice for $13.00. The most enjoyable part of the drive was going through the mountains around Flagstaff. One could spend a month exploring I-40 and Route 66.  There are so many things you can see and do.  I need to be in Arkansas by the 28th to catch up with the WINS so I must drive on.  

Tomorrow I need to find a Camping World in Alburquerque to replace the cable connection that goes between the Jeep and the RV to make the signal lights work.  I came disconnected and drug on the ground for I don't know how many miles. I hope they have what I need and that I won't have to drive all over town searching for it.  Thank goodness for the Garmin Nuvi.  What a treasure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment