Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Good news!  I met with Dr. Z this morning and reviewed the MRI. The good news is that the discs look OK except for some degeneration.  The bad news is that if my symptoms don't go away I should think about "the shot" and he will give me a referral. So far the pain has subsided quite a bit, maybe more now that I know I'm a candidate for "the shot".  I really, really, don't want a needle in my back. I've walked for an hour the past two days and attended a gentle Yoga session with no adverse effects.  The pain in my groin is still evident but not on the scale it was before.  The numbness in my shin hasn't retreated but it is not bothering me except at night.  So, I'm taking a positive and conservative approach that if the symptoms have declined this much in 2 1/2 weeks they should disappear at least by another 2 weeks or so.

Now my plans are to head towards Arkansas and catch up with the WINS.  I'll probably not leave until Saturday and should be able to meet up with them near Hot Springs before they leave for Mt. View.  I am so000 looking forward to getting back on the road.  

Today I am getting a batwing antenna installed so I can get better TV reception.  My old delta system doesn't have the range the the batwing is suppose to have.  Hope it works.  I really can't justify signing up for Dish or Direct TV and all of the hardware expenses that go along with a subscription.  I did add a feature to my Verizon which allows me to use my cell phone as a modem for only $30.00 It works very well and is pretty fast and beats paying $60.00 plus purchasing the data hardware, plus there is no long term contract and I can suspend it as needed.   


No comments:

Post a Comment