Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Friday, April 17, 2009

This was suppose to be the week that I would be hitting the road.  I packed up, boxed up, storaged up more stuff than one person should be allowed to have.  I managed to fill one large storage unit (8X10) to the brim.. ie barely enough room to close the door...and that did not include the furniture or the tools in the garage.  I even managed to sell some stuff on Craig's List. I guess when I'm in Reno I'll be spending my time sorting stuff and listing it on Craig's List.  The tenants have moved  in and love the place.  They wanted a long lease, but I think a month to month is just fine.  Can't rush into this too fast you know.  

Two weeks ago, I walked Sadie (it was a beautiful spring morning) in the hills up the street and washed the car and rv in preparation for the big day when I would be going full time.  That evening I was a little tired and sore, but nothing out of the ordinary.  Monday morning brought huge pain to my back, hip, and leg and I was having a really hard time moving around.  Tuesday was worse and I was forced to call the doctor.  My hip was killing me and my leg from my knee to my ankle was numb.  Pretty scary.  Basically the doctor said I pinched a nerve and gave me drugs and told be to call if I didn't feel better.  I explained I had an artificial hip and was worried I did something to it.  The doc was sure it wasn't my hip. I was sure it was my hip and worried that the cap had worn more and would need replacing sooner than later.  

I called Doctor Z (the orthopedic and hip doc) and was told I wouldn't be able to get an appointment until the following week.  What a long week.  Tuesday came and the appointment was moved to Thursday.  Thursday finally arrived and I told my story to Doc Z.  X Rays were taken and nothing showed up involving the hip.  That was a relief. I was sure I had a stress fracture.  I still have to have the cap replaced  at some point. Doctor Z felt it was more important  to find out why I was in so much pain  first before replacing the cap.  So he ordered an MRI.  I had the MRI done today.  Never had one before.  What a trip that was. Lots of noise. Good thing I'm not claustrophobic.  Anyway, the results won't be ready for the Doc until Monday or Tuesday and the Doc can't see me until Thursday anyway. Hope, there is a cancelation so he can see me sooner. It is going to be hard sitting around waiting especially when I really can't do anything. 

So life goes on.  I'm still not back on the road.  Had to cancel my volunteer trip to Chaco, which is a real bummer.  I'm feeling not quite so sore today, but I still can't walk for more than a few blocks without bad pain.  Sadie is really suffering because she hasn't gotten her daily walks.  However, she has had the luxury of rolling around in the grass in Jason's yard.  Today we are at Justin's house dog sitting and house sitting while Justin attends the Sea Otter Classic in Monterey.  He entered several competitions and I hope he does well. Justin's backyard is huge and grassy so Sadie has more grass to lounge around it, although she would much prefer to roll around in the snow up on Mt Rose. 

To be continued.


No comments:

Post a Comment