Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Treasure Island RV Park and Branson

I'll be leaving Treasure Island RV Park this morning (May 19) and will head for Big Springs State Park near Van Buren, MO.  I've talked with several folks who have been there and it is suppose to be really nice.  Some of the other WINs will be following tomorrow.  I understand there may not be cell coverage or internet coverage in the area.  We shall see.  Speaking of internet coverage, the program I subscribed to using my cell phone as a modem for internet has worked beautifully so far.  I think it is a good compromise to the data card and less expensive ($30.00 pm) and no other equipment to buy. I've had coverage with Verizon everywhere except for a short time in Mountain View, Arkansas and I think that was a tower issue that was fixed. 

The weather in Branson has turned spectacular.  The past two days have been sunny with little humidity.  Some have even complained its been a little two cold.  The lows have been in the 4o's but the early morning has been perfect for hiking.  There is a very nice 4 mile loop just across from my rig which I have walked the past two mornings with Sadie.  Unfortunately,  I have forgotten my camera and have missed some great shots on my walks.  Oh well, I'm sure I'll be back this way next year. 

Yesterday, a few of us ventured towards the outlet malls.  Branson's draw is not only the myriad of live shows but an abundance of shopping malls and outlets.  The area around Branson is rural so many come here to satisfy their shopping fix.  Those of us traveling in motor homes have to be careful because we generally don't have room for compulsive purchases...meaning new item in - old item must go.  I'm happy to say I really didn't contribute much to the economy with my purchase of a pair of Crocs at the outlet and a cookie sheet that actually fits in my microwave oven combination.  

Last night was the big get together with the SI and Escapee Solos along with a few WINs.  It was nice to see some familiar faces, some of whom will be continuing on to the Escapee Escapade in Sedalia later in the week. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment