Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Monday, December 7, 2009

It's a snow day!


This is what I woke up to this morning


The weather report said it was going to snow, but they are usually wrong this time of year. Well, they were wrong in that the prediction was for snow in Calpine was maybe 12" but not 2-3 feet.. Jeremy was up at 5:30 this morning to clear out the lower driveway so he could go to work. By the time he did part of the driveway it filled up again. Well, he only got as far as part of the driveway on the second pass before a shear pin broke on the snow thrower and then left for work. This brought back memories of the years I lived in Truckee and even though I had a plow service I still had to clear out berm and driveway as the plow came through. Anyway, I don't have to go anywhere am so glad I don't have to deal with clearing out the driveway.

I had my follow up appointment last Tuesday and all is going is planned. The doc said I could be mobile without crutches as tolerated and drive if necessary. The staple removal was not fun. I didn't know there could be so many staples in one incision. So, all is going well and I'm able to walk 30-45 minutes before I start to get sore. I'm really itching to strap out my cross country skis or snow shoes and go play, but they are in storage 60 miles away and probably should wait just a little longer. Darn, its hard to let a good powder day go.

Pending weather, my plan is to stick around Calpine just a little longer and then head over to the family cabin in Arnold, CA for Christmas. Brother Dale and all of my nieces and grandnieces and grandnephews along with some of my sons and mother will be there, so can't pass up the opportunity to see everyone. From there I'll transport my mother back to the coast and spend a few days then meander south.


No comments:

Post a Comment