Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy Holidays


Since I posted last I've spent a few days at Gold Ranch Good Sam RV Park near Reno. I really don't like staying in parks but it had been sooo cold that I needed some "real" hooks ups. Jeremy's house only has a 15 amp which limits me to the amount of heat I can use. When I arrived I had to wait for some folks to leave because only a few of the sites has been plowed. Reno received several feet of snow and the cold temperatures keep the snow on the ground.

My son Conlan Craig had vacation time to use or lose so he and his 100 lb lab decided to keep me company at the family cabin in Arnold. We arrived on the 20th and had a few days to ourselves before my brother, mother, nieces, and grand nieces and nephews, and son Justin and daughter-in-law arrived. There is minimal cell coverage and internet connection requires a trip into town a few miles away. We do have TV..but just the basics. The cabin has been in our family for over 40 years and the first time I ever visited I was pregnant with Conlan, so spending Christmas there was very special, especially since Conlan was there with me.

Conlan and cousin Matthew are sharing a moment



Grand niece baby Zoe


Justin is enjoying his little cousin Zoe



My brother Dale. Next year we'll give him a Santa suit!

My brother and I, along with help from everyone served Christmas dinner for 23. There were 13 adults and 10 kids. We cooked two small turkeys on the Bar-B-Q (only in the mountains in California..the weather co-operated and the out door heaters helped) and warmed up the prepared trimmings that everyone had brought in the oven. Everything was quite festive although little crazy. My poor 89 year old mother was ready have some quiet time after everyone left.


Grandma Bea
I drove mom home to Pacific Grove yesterday. I was really tempted to spend a few days in PG but the desert and my WIN friends are beckoning so I started off early this morning to brave the Southern California traffic and should join up with everyone in Yuma sometime tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment