Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

May 25 Liard Hot Springs Provincial Park

We left our little campsite near Toad River with the intention of making Liard Hot Springs Provincial Park early.  It  took us all day to get there...I couldn't believe when I calculated the miles we had only gone 69 miles!  Muncho Lake was breathtaking.  At one point we missed an important view point. So we parked the RVs and  piled into Nancy's RVback tracked.

Looking towards the south of Muncho Lake.

Looking towards the north of Muncho Lake

We also took a short hike to some natural mineral/salt licks.  Stone sheep were known to congregate there but we didn't see any.



We arrived at the Hot Springs in time to soak.  There were plenty of spaces and the park was really nice.  No hooks, dump, or water for $21.00 per night. However, that included entrance to the hot springs.

There are two soaking areas.  The lower one is really much nicer and much hotter..almost too hot. It was well worth the wait.
                                          Bill and Liz in the upper hot springs.

                                        This was the lower hot springs and much, much hotter.
                                         The water fall was better than a Jacuzzi!!

The hanging gardens were a disappointment because the tufa were dry and there were no flowers blooming yet.


The campsites were spaced so you didn't notice other campers next to you.  Also, as far as I could tell, generators were not allowed so it was really quite.

No comments:

Post a Comment