Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Friday, July 23, 2010

July 21, More scenery of Homer

I think the weather man is a little mixed up.  He said yesterday was suppose to be the best day of the week and it rained and was yucky.  Well, today was much, much better, and it turned out to be sunny... very windy and cold .. but sunny.

After lunch I had noticed the clouds had cleared a little to the north and we jumped in the car to explore Skyline drive which was suppose to have eagle view of Homer and we also wanted to go back to the scenic overlook and see if we could see some of the volcanoes.  We weren't disappointed.

Mt. redoubt


Good view of the Spit from Skyline Drive

Later in the day I walked down the Spit and noticed a very elegant Class A rig



There was someone actually living in it.  Don't know what the story is, but it would be interesting I'm sure.

Here are a few shots of some of the business on the Spit.











We had water front views in Homer, but they weren't as stunning as Seward.  

No comments:

Post a Comment