Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

July 24 on to Palmer


We left Kenai early enough to make it to Anchorage for a Costco stop, but got side tracked at the Moose is Loose bakery in Kenai.  They have wonderful pastries!  I had a  apple walnut bun, much like a cinnamon bun but by far the best I tasted so far.  Ymmm.  
Next we stopped at Tern Lake right at the junction of the Sterling Highway and the Seward Highway.  We had wanted to stop here when we first got on the Sterling Highway but the parking area was jambed.  Today it was not as crowded and the Forest Service had scopes out  and pointed at sheep and other wildlife.  

We headed on up the Seward Highway hoping the weather would get better so we could see some of the scenery we had missed on the way down due to the rainy weather.  Although it wasn’t raining,  it was very overcast and we couldn’t see anymore now then before so we blitzed on by Portage and other points of interest until we got to Anchorage.  We wanted to stop at Walmart for a few items.  Big mistake.  What a zoo!!  Parking was awful.  I picked up what I needed and then headed out for gas.  At this point it was getting late so I headed over to the Moose Lodge where we had stayed before to wait for the others.  Well, to make a long story short everyone showed up at the Moose and we ended up spending the night at Anchorage.  So, we didn’t make it to Palmer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment