Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

July 29, Driving the Old Denali Highway

Denali Highway is a 135 mile dirt road between the Parks Highway (the highway to Denali National Park) and the Richardson Highway (Fairbanks to Valdez).  I had previously explored a portion of it back in June when we were at Denali National Park.  The road is supposed to have gorgeous vistas of the Alaska Range and lots of viewing of wild life. With this in mind we headed out to see what we could see with some cloud cover.  

        I don't know the name of this glacier in the distance.  The mountain tops are hidden by the clouds.


We drove out to the 86 mile post.  We saw mountain tops but not the high mountains of the Alaska Range nor of Mt. McKinley.  It was too overcast.  We were not disappointed about seeing wild life though.  We saw several herds of caribou, swans, eagles.   I even found a blueberry patch with ripe berries and picked some for breakfast.  Yumm.  












The Alaska Range is beyond the front mountains ....somewhere. .... 

No comments:

Post a Comment