Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Monday, November 1, 2010

November 1...goodbye to Saskatchewan

I left the farm this morning to head back towards Nevada and then on to California.  I really hadn't planned to stay on the Farm so long but it has been so relaxing and nice to be in one place for awhile.  Also, Sadie became an issue.

 Sadie just loved the farm.  She was able to run free as she pleased or just lounge around near the house.  She rarely ventured out to the road and if she did it was to follow me on my bike or go for a walk.  Sadly, Sadie is not returning to the states with me.  She didn't return from the field one night and I have combed the fields and nearby farms and no one has seen her.  The general  consensus that the coyotes or coons got her. She was tagged and "chipped" but to date I've  no phone calls so I don't think she will be returning.  I'm very sad to say the least, but I know her last days were spent doing what she like to do best..running and chasing critters and swimming.

I've been asked several time if I'll get another dog.  The answer is no, not because I don't want another dog but because I think it is very hard to travel with one.  There are so many places dog are not allowed and thus are left in the RV which is not fair.  There have been times when I have had to kennel her which was very hard on both of us. For now I'll get my "dog fix" from fellow RVers or visit the local dog park. Sadie has been with me for nearly  eleven years and will be dearly missed.  Good bye Sadie.

5 comments:

  1. So sorry, Claudia. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudia.... I am so sorry, but I agree that she must have had a great time on the farm. I know that you always did your best for her.

    As myself, my family, and my friends get older, I have been trying to condition myself to remember that death is not a tragedy, it is just the normal end of the cycle. Living a life with no purpose or excitement, now that is a tragedy.....

    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudia: I'm so very sorry about Sadie - I'm so attached to my Cali.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about Sadie, Yes it is an issue most hotels,restaurants does not allow pets inside. We have to do something is this regard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear this...I know your heart is broken.

    ReplyDelete