Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Brazo Cliffs and Pagosa Springs, Co. March 4

Sunday morning brought beautiful blue skies with crisp tempatures that promised to reach in the high 50's.  Conlan and his girfriend Gayle, had participated in a Quadathalon the day before and so were moving a little slowly. (The quadathalon consists of running, cycling, snowshoeing, and swimming.) After a liesurely breakfast we headed out to do some exploring.

Our first stop was the Brazo Cliffs, just a short drive up the road from Tierra Amarilla.  There are summer cabins and lodges at the base of the cliffs and the area is mostly private.



Along the way we saw some deer.

Next we headed up to Pagosa Springs, Colorado, not too far from the New Mexico  border.  Pagosa is famous for its hot springs and spas.  We spent the rest of the day soaking in the various tubs.  There is a soaking tub for everyones needs ranging from 97 degrees to 110 degrees and the river is a few steps away if you want to jump in and get cooled off.

Conlan and  Gayle, really enjoyed the spas. They had been a little sore from the prior days activities but the hot spas soaked away the soreness.



Joel really liked the "lobster pot" at 107 degrees.
The is a view of the whole spa area.  You can see all the different spas.

What a relaxing day. Next, we headed over to the brew pub for a cold one and light dinner before heading  back to Tierra Amarilla.  What a great way to spend the day!



No comments:

Post a Comment