Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

More on Tierra Amarillo, March 5












The area around Tierra Amarilla has several state parks and numerous wildlife refuges.  Gayle works a split shift driving the school bus in the morning and afternoon, so has mid-day free.  She suggested we go snowshoeing at Edward Sargent Wildlife Refuge outside of Chama.  Oh course I wasn't going to turn down the opportunity to have a little fun in the snow.  We loaded up the dogs and snowshoes and headed out to the refuge.

What a beautiful area.  We didn't see any wildlife, but the gentle rolling hills made for beautiful scenery.




I especially liked the contract of the blue sky and the dormant willows.  Chama Peak is one of the peaks in the distance.






After snowshoeing we headed over to the Three Ravens Coffee shop. The Three Ravens is the local meeting place offering the best coffee and comradery you will find anywhere in the north.  Paul, the owner renovated an old adobe and turned his vision into a place where locals meet and hang out.  For more information google Three Ravens Coffee Shop.  There is more than meets the eye.




Stay tuned for more on this area.  I had planned to stay just a day or two, but there is something about this place that makes me want to stay much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment