Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Drift Creek Falls, August 30


 Another day, another hike! There are so many beautiful places to explore along the coastal region it's hard to decided. After hiking to Harts Cove the other day, we decided to find a hike that wasn't all up or down and The Drift Creek Falls hike fit the bill.  The trail is mellow, mostly in the  shade, and buffed out...no slippery places or roots and rocks to trip over.  The hike itself is only about three miles round trip.  It is also located in Suislaw National Forest.

Drift Creek Falls:


There is a 240 foot  suspension bridge which spans 100 feet above the creek.
I hike down to the bottom along the creek, while Joel enjoyed the view from the bridge.  He didn't want to walk down to the bottom because, you guessed it, he doesn't do hills. If you look very closely, that's Joel in the middle on the bridge.


The trail is very lush, with lots of huge ferns.
One last view of the falls:
Another great day on the coast and another beautiful sunset from our site.



No comments:

Post a Comment