Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Foggie Morning near Cape Kiwanda, August 31

After all of the excursions the last few days we decided to stay close to "home"and not drive anywhere, spending the morning catching up on mundane chores and walking on the beach.  By the time we got around to our walk, the misty fog had encroached on the shore.  The huge sand dune I had seen the other day  was challenging me to climb over it and see what was on the other side and I decided to accept the challenge despite the fog.

We headed out and visibility was really limited and I had to look twice at this site.  I thought the black animal was a horse at first, but it turned out it was a black newfoundland walking with a little girl.

 This is the same vantage point where we stood and watch the waves a few days ago, but now it was shrouded in the fog.
 I could barely see Joel climbing up the dunes behind me. Behind him is the expansive beach hidden by the misty fog.
 We finally traversed to the other side (remember, Joel "doesn't do hills") and watched a few dories launch.
 There was this odd sand sculpture.
 And to Joel's delight the Pelican Brew Pub, and his reward for "doing the hill".





This is what we hiked over (taken a few days before when it was sunny).


More beautiful sunsets from our galley.

No comments:

Post a Comment