Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Crazy, Crazy week. July 21-29.


The views leaving White Salmon

 Plains of Central Eastern Oregon on the way to Bend


We headed to Bend, Oregon to the Elks Club for a few days.  Ultimately we will be going to the Thousand Trails in Sun River but had to go back to Leaburg to pick up the tools and then go to Portola, California and drop them off.  When I arrived in Bend I went to the post office to complain about the mail be so screwed up.  The post master said she couldn't do anything about it and to be patient.  BE Patient!  It has been almost two weeks?


Why Portola? I still have a stick house in Verdi where Jason has been temporally staying and storing all his belongings  since Rhonda passed away and moving back from Tennessee. Jason and I were able to find a cute, affordable, piece of property near Portola which he could move into.  The draw for me is that the property is level, quiet,  AND has room to park the motor home.  The Gold Lakes area is 1/2 hour away with lots of hiking, biking, backpacking, and boating...the perfect place to park for awhile during Spring, Summer and Fall. The Feather River is within walking distance too. Joel's tools will have a home in the shed and will be used in the future as the home needs a little TLC and there is plenty of room for expansion.

 RV parking with views of Bristol Mountain.


We drove down to Verdi on Friday and escrow closed Monday. We dropped the tools off on Monday; Helped Jason load up the Uhaul and moved his stuff out of my garage and into his new digs on Tuesday; and we headed back  to Sun River on Wednesday.  Whew.  Too much driving.

On Monday (27th)while in Verdi, I called the post office to find out where the H...my mail was and also checked with my mail forwarding service. The tracking showed the had been to Eugene, then to Portland again and back to Walterville again and forwarded once more on the 22nd. From the 23rd to 26th it had been going back and forth between Eugene and Portland.  The lady on the phone was very nice and provided a "case number" and explained that they would look into the problem and it would be 48-72 hours before someone would get back to me.

We arrived in Sun River late on the 29th and Joel picked up his mail, which he had ordered on the 24th.  Ouch.  I check the tracking and my mail had been forwarded from Walterville (again) on the 27th but there has been no activity since then. I wonder where it is going this time.

The Thousand Trails in Sun River is packed and there were no hook up spaces available so we are dry camping in the overflow area which is great.  It's nice a clean and grassy and very quiet.  I am ready to stay put for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment