Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Back in Sun River Thousand Trails, July 30-

We arrived back in Thousand Trails and pulled the motor home out of storage and set up in  the overflow section.  When we first checked into TT before going to Reno, there were no sites available at all and there still are no sites available so we are parked in the overflow area, which is just fine. It's grassy and sunny, and good for solar but not good for the very hot weather.  The biggest issue is dry camping without water for two weeks. I have to use the camp ground showers, which is not my thing.

We have talked to several other TT member and they have encounter the same problem securing sites as we did and are not to happy about the situation. We rarely make reservations as there never seemed to be a need for them, but more importantly we usually don't know that far in advance where we are going. With the Thousand Trails parks open to the public,  Zone Pass program, and the Annual Site Rental Program, there seems to be a shortage of sites.

 News Flash.  My mail finally arrived in Bend.  The package consisted of three different envelopes. It appears every time it was sent back to Walterville it was put in a new envelope with a correct forwarding address so there is no reason why it should have taken nearly three weeks to get to me. Very, very frustrating.  Although most of my  mail is email there are a few things that have to arrive by snail mail and by the time the mail arrived everything was well over a month old.

Friday, we dropped Tara off at the Banfield Hospital to have a benign tumor removed from her do I put this delicately...her back side. ..painful. We had to be in Bend at 7:30 so rather than go back to Sun River we scouted out Smith Rock, which we plan to hike when the weather cools some. We also drove up to Billy Chinook to scout out the water where Joel may launch the Zodiac.   We picked up Tara later in the day and she is doing great.

Joel has dragged the Zodiac out of the basement and pulled the kayak off the roof in anticipation of some water play later.  However, I am going to have to get creative and figure out how to keep Tara out of the water due to her stitches.  The Vet says she can't go in the water until the stitches are out in about 10 days.  I'm not sure who is going to be more disappointed, Joel or Tara!

No comments:

Post a Comment