Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Monday, August 10, 2015

August 4, Deschutes River

The past few days has been full of catching up and minor housekeeping stuff.  Pretty boring but it has to be done. Joel kept busy putting the final touches on the Zodiac rack system in order to safely transport the boat  to the river and lakes.

On Tuesday we headed over to a Deschutes launching ramp just a few miles from Thousand Trails.  Joel is able to get the boat up on the roof easily by himself, but it is much easier with the two of us.  The challenge today is keeping Tara in the boat because she is not suppose to get wet due to her stitches from her recent surgery.
All loaded up
Away we go!






"Wow! Look at all those geese"
"Please, Mom, let me go in and play with the geese!"
Tara did great for the first time being on a boat.  It was a struggle to keep in the boat though. Hopefully the next time we go out she can go in the water.






No comments:

Post a Comment