Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Friday, October 30, 2015

Last day of the Baloon Fiesta and Special Shapes, October 11, 2015

The final day of the balloon fiesta includes a final mass ascension of all of the balloons.  I was up early and headed over to the launching field. Joel decided to sleep in so I got a little earlier start as I made my way to the assigned launch site for Keystone Willy.    Launching the final morning is optional but there was a good turn out.  Many of the balloons inflated but opted not to launch.  Our pilot appeared with the bad news we would not be inflating or launching.  I won't go into why, but only will say eventually the issued was resolved and the grounding was lifted, but Wil, our pilot declined to launch anyway.  I took the opportunity to enjoy and savor all the wonderful colors and shapes.  As promised in my last post, the following is just a sampling of all the different shapes.

































What a great experience this was!  I never realized how much teamwork is involved in inflating, chasing and packing up these hot air balloons.  Would I do it again?  You bet!...but maybe not for a full two weeks.

Once I got back, Joel had the Beaver packed up and ready to hit the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment