Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Thursday, March 3, 2016

A new smile! Yuma, February 16-25, 2016

I stuck around the Escapee Park for a week or so after returning from Ajo.  While I was in Ajo, Joel broke another crown and was complaining of another tooth that was lose and was having a hard time chewing.  Hmm.  Algodones, Mexico hear we come...well almost.  Joel and I both had flu shots but that didn't seem to matter for Joel, because he came down with terrible body aches and an awful cough a few days day before we planned to leave which was Monday.   We did  leave on Tuesday since I could drive but then I came down with a very slight case of aches.  Ugh.  Well, we got through that one.  I wonder how much sicker we would have been had we not had the flue shots.  

We dry camped out on Ogilby Road about a 20 minute drive to Algodones and the 300+ dentists that support the community.  Joel was able to get in a see the dentist for a consultation on Wednesday with a minimal wait.  The news was not good.  Nine crowns were needed as well as two extractions.  Och and oh my lots of $$$$$.  The extraction took place that afternoon and then he went back the following morning for preparation for the crowns.  Lots of grinding....5 or 6 hours worth! and was fitted for temporaries.  I won't post the gruesome photos of after the grinding was completed.  The temp looked pretty good!

The permanent crowns would not be ready until the following Wednesday.  So we spent the time   exploring of the area as well as  met up with our friends Donna and Bob and Carolyn and Peter, all former WINS.  What a treat to see them all!

Joel went back to get his permanent crowns on Wednesday, thinking it would be a quick appointment.  Wrong.  He sat in the chair another 5-6 hours but it was worth it.  If you have had this type of dental work done in the states, then you know the time and money spent in Algodones was a fraction of the time that would have been spent in the States.

                                          Aw common! You need to smile! Show us those nice pearly whites!!



That's more like it!!! Yes, it was worth the $$$$$




Dry camping in the trailer for ten days was a good test in determining what we really need to get ready for this summer's adventures.  Joel is now working on a few things in the trailer and we hope to get at least a minimal amount of solar to just maintain the batteries before we leave in April.  



No comments:

Post a Comment