Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Death Valley Super Bloom, March 2, 2016

I just can't seem to sit in one place very long! Our neighbors went to Death Valley for a few days and came back with awesome photos of the "Super Bloom".  My friend Sandi was getting ready to leave the park for the season and return to Reno and since I have a few loose ends to tie up in Reno and in Pacific Grove with my mother estate, I decided to tag along.  But wait.  There is more! Could we possibly detour a little and go through Death Valley and see the "Super Bloom"? Yep. I really didn't have second thought of cramming into Sandi's little 19 foot Road Trek with her 150 pound Great Pyrenees. It was cozy alright.

Tara, Maggie, and Fearless:




The drive to Pahrumph and the Pair-a-Dice Escapee park was an easy day's drive.  I've gotta say, the Pari-a-Dice Escapee Park is one of the most friendly park I have been too.  Everyone had a smile on their face and waived as they walked or drove by.

The next morning we got up early and hit the Furnace Creek Visitor Center by 8:30.  The Ranger gave us a great map and pointed out were the most prolific blooms were to be found which were south of the Bad Water area.  I took lots of photos but they do not really capture the full impact of the brilliant yellows and purples.

These are just a sample of some of the flowers that are in bloom:














The flowers seemed to be holding up to the warm weather really well.  Many blooms are just opening up and the ranger said there is at least another week or more of beautiful color.  I can't tell you how lucky I feel to have been able to experience the "Super Bloom" which only happens once in a decade.
So now I am switching ward robes....from shorts to long pants and t-shirts to sweatshirts for a few weeks while in Reno.  (apparently the "storm door" is suppose to open and help out the drought)I'll be heading back to Casa Grande in a few weeks to help Joel get ready for spring and summer travels.






No comments:

Post a Comment