Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Chickadee Ridge, Mt. Rose, March 17,2016

One of my favorite things to do in the spring (if there is snow) is to go snowshoeing near Mt Rose off the Tahoe Rim Trail to an area which has been pegged by the local as Chickadee  Ridge.  It has been several years since I have been able to get up there and when my friend Sandi suggested a snowshoe outing I was on it!.  The hike takes off from Tahoe Meadows  right off the Mt. Rose highway  and meanders about a mile and a half inland  and an accent of about 300 feet or little more depending on which way you go.   Not bad.  It was a blue bird perfect day.  Temps around the mid 50's with no wind what so ever.  I stripped down to a T-shirt and had light weight hiking pants on.

Whats not to like about spring snow and the panoramic views of Lake Tahoe!.







 We stopped for snacks and sat on the log in the above photo and the Chickadees were abundant.
 Sandi held her hand out and obviously the Chickadees were not shy.
 What a perfect day!





No comments:

Post a Comment