Organ Pipe National Park

Organ Pipe National Park

About Me

I purchased "Sadie''s House On Wheels "in late 2007 and loved traveling in a motor home so much that I went on the road full time in late 2008. I started writing this blog to help me remember all the wonder places I have been and it allows me to share those places with my family and friends. Summer of 2013 I decided to hang up the keys for a while and moved back into my stick house. After nearly two years, I am on the road again.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Yuma and such, December 9-13

I arrived at RV Masters in Yuma to get the air bag fixed on my Born Free.  My check book sure has been getting a work out lately on fixing things. First the refrigerator and heater now the suspension system.   I'd been told that an air bag could run up to $500.00.  Ouch!! Anyway, Jerry at RV Masters had the airbag in stock and two hours later I was repaired and ready to go, and the cost far less than I expected.

Joel met me at RV Masters before I was ready to leave , and I tagged along with him, and stayed at the Elks Club for a few days.  There is a really nice bike trail near the Elks Club that takes you all the way  to downtown Yuma. Friday, Wanda and Ernie (WIN members and official snow birds of Yuma) had a gathering for friends who are spending the winter in Yuma.  Joel asked me to join him so I again tagged along.   There must have been fifty in attendance.  There were lots of WINS, Solos, and SI folks,  some of which I haven't seen since last Spring.  

Saturday, Joel convinced me to tag along with him to Tucson via Casa Grande.  (This is getting to be a habit).  We left the Elks Club and as I was following him I noticed his Coach was badly leaning to the right so we stopped at Walmart on the way out of town.  He determined there was a problem that he couldn't fix easily.  A nice RVer who was a retired mechanic stopped by and gave lots of advice on what he thought was wrong and Joel confirmed it was really something he couldn't fix.  The retired gentlemen suggested RV Masters would be the place to get repairs fixed so we returned to RV Masters which was closed on Saturday but has a huge open parking lot for overnight parking.  Another RVer said it was OK to park overnight until Monday while waiting for repairs so we parked there.  For future reference, RV Masters is open by appointment only on Saturdays.  

RV Masters determined Joel's Beaver had a bad valve to the airbag and was able to fix it and we were on our way  by 12:00.  Before we left, the retired mechanic came back to check and make sure Joel was able to get repairs underway.  Just goes to show how considerate RVers are.  I love this life style!

I caravaned with Joel to the SKP park in Casa Grande.  I've never been there and it was most enjoyable. I filled the RV tank with water and Joel picked up his mail.  The first night of boon docking is free, which makes the park even nicer.

I'm now in Tucson camping at Snyder Hill for a few days, enjoying the warm weather and feeling rather smug to be out of the snow in the high country.


No comments:

Post a Comment